• Freehold site in the historic, well-connected town of Hertford
• Site allocation within the East Herts District Plan for ‘around 50 homes’
• Easy walking distance to Hertford East Station (50 minutes from London Liverpool Street)
• Total site area extends to 11.6 acres (4.7 ha)
• The site is offered with full vacant possession
• Offers sought for the freehold interest on an unconditional or subject to planning basis.
The site is located in Hertford, a popular Hertfordshire commuter and notable county town.
The town centre is predominantly comprised of historic buildings, providing a range of amenities, entertainment venues and a large number of independent shops creating a sought after place to live. This is enhanced by the picturesque Hertford Castle and the River Lea running through the town.
A new mixed use development including a new shopping street, homes, hotel, a public square and a new bus station at Bircherley Green was granted planning permission in October 2017, which will further enhance the centre of Hertford.
The site lies within the jurisdiction of East Herts District Council. The Council has recently adopted their District Plan for the period of 2011-2033, within which the site has been allocated for ‘around 50 homes’.
An illustrative masterplan has been produced illustrating a 65 unit scheme on the site, with 6.6 acres of accessible public open space.
East Herts District Council require all District Plan sites to take part in a master planning and pre-application process in tandem, in addition to taking part in the Shaping Hertford group to engage with Councillors and the public. This will be completed under a PPA. This process has not yet started however if an offer is progressed on a subject to planning basis, this will be undertaken jointly by the selected purchaser and vendor prior to completion.
The property is for sale freehold with vacant possession.
The site is registered under the Title Number HD471076.