Prime Logistics Bulletin – Q4 2018
Prime Logistics is an essential tool for any developer, investor or occupier interested in the market for logistics buildings over 50,000 sq ft in size across each of the UK’s 26 key distribution markets.
Key findings this quarter:
- 12.2 million sq ft of space taken-up in Q4 2018.
- Strong end to 2018 pushed annual volume of occupier take-up to over 50 million sq ft, second highest total on record.
- 23 out of 51 Gerald Eve centres recorded prime headline rental growth in Q4.
- 3.6% prime headline rental growth recorded in 2018.
- 4.2 million sq ft of speculatively developed space completed in Q4 2018, the largest quarterly volume since Q4 2007.
- Occupiers increase inventory levels within warehouses as chances of no-deal Brexit escalate.
- Long income logistics seen as one of safest of all commercial property assets for investors.
Inside the bulletin, we take a balanced look at each segment of the market and provide you with a brief snapshot of our view of quarterly activity.
To find out more, download our full report.