Prime Logistics Full Update – Spring 2019
Now in its fifteenth year of production, Prime Logistics remains an important tool for any developer, investor or occupier. It provides essential commentary and analysis on logistics property over 50,000 sq ft in each of the UK’s 26 key logistics markets.
Key findings from our latest research include:
- Occupier take-up hit 50.5 million sq ft in 2018, an 18% annual increase.
- Dedicated internet retailers accounted for 15% of all demand in 2018.
- The rate of availability remained low, at 6.2%.
- In response, 50% of all development starts were speculative in 2018, up from 29% in 2017.
- Prime rents rose by 3.6% in 2018.
- Average UK prime yields compressed by a further 22bps in 2018.
- We forecast 1.2% average annual rental growth over the next five years.
The logistics market is going through a transformational change at a time of great political and economic uncertainty. We have a highly-experienced team of professionals who can provide you with expert advice across all areas of the industrial and logistics sector to help you with your strategies.
If you’d like to discuss how we can help you, please get in touch.