South East Offices Investment 2016 Annual Review
2016 South East Office Investment Market Commentary
We are pleased to present our South East Office Investment Review 2016 and 2017 predictions.
Key findings for the year include:
- 3.05bn of south east offices transacted in 2016, a 23% decrease on 2015.
- £22.1m was the average lot size transacted, 9% smaller than 2015.
- £563m was purchase price of the Green Park, Reading by Mapletree, the largest transaction in 2016.
- 31% of total sales were from institutional funds in the wake of the referendum result.
- 37% of purchasers were overseas investors, equating to £1.13bn of South East office transactions.
- 16% of purchasers were local authorities who acquired 13 south east offices totalling £498m.
To find out more, please download our full report.