2016 South East Office Investment Market Commentary
We are pleased to present our South East Office Investment Review 2016 and 2017 predictions.
Key findings for the year include:
- 3.05bn of south east offices transacted in 2016, a 23% decrease on 2015.
- £22.1m was the average lot size transacted, 9% smaller than 2015.
- £563m was purchase price of the Green Park, Reading by Mapletree, the largest transaction in 2016.
- 31% of total sales were from institutional funds in the wake of the referendum result.
- 37% of purchasers were overseas investors, equating to £1.13bn of South East office transactions.
- 16% of purchasers were local authorities who acquired 13 south east offices totalling £498m.
To find out more, please download our full report.