I’m a Partner in our Industrial department. I advise clients in the manufacturing, distribution and transport sectors focusing on lease consultancy issues predominantly centred on rent reviews, lease renewals and lease restructuring.
I provide strategic advice in dealing with rent reviews and lease renewals, including undertaking negotiations and the preparation and submission of expert reports during third party referrals to Arbitrators, Independent Experts and for Court proceedings.
I advise occupier clients including Brake Bros, Europa Worldwide, Ocado and Yodel on their distribution and industrial property portfolio across the Midlands and the South East, manage client relationships with Hertz & BCA covering work including agency, landlord and tenant, building consultancy and other property work for these UK-wide occupiers and advise a number of funds and private investors on rent reviews of large distribution warehouses and their multi let industrial portfolios across the Midlands and South East.
MY RECENT PROJECTS
- Distribution warehouses, rent reviews – I advised on rent reviews for various warehouses:
- 312,000 sq ft for Prologis in Coventry, where the reversionary lease was subject to a day 1 rent review and a number of legal issues. The rent review was settled by agreement and saw the client benefit from an increase of £287,500 per annum over the 10 years.
- 145,000 sq ft in Milton Keynes. Acting on behalf of the Landlord M&G, I secured a 20% increase in rent effective from May 2018.
- 78,000 sq ft in Park Royal. On behalf of our client Matthew Clark Bibbendum Ltd, we negotiated the rent review on the tenant’s 78,000 sq ft warehouse, reducing their outlay over the remaining five years of the lease and saving a total of £992,500.
- Industrial premises, rent reviews – I conducted rent reviews of industrial premises with complex review and ground lease gearing provisions, providing advice for clients on a number of sites including 256,000 sq ft in Snodland for UKLF, 120,000 sq ft for Savills IM in Redditch, 190,000 sq ft in Hoddesdon for Cert/Culina and a circa two acre site in Greenwich for the Trustees of Morden College.