I am a Senior Surveyor within Gerald Eve’s operational real estate team providing valuation advice on properties pertaining to the education, charity, religious and healthcare sectors.
I am responsible for preparing reports on specialist properties across the UK with core expertise in providing valuations for loan security, financial reporting, estate strategy and acquisitions and disposals including Charities Act compliance.
Specialist property often presents unique challenges and I enjoy using creative thinking and problem solving alongside traditional valuation techniques to ensure the best advice for my clients.
Alongside my valuation experience, I have a MSc in planning which has given me a particular insight for providing advice on how local authority planning policy can affect value.
MY RECENT PROJECTS
- Loan security: I advise major lenders and private banks often in relation to complex properties. Recently I have completed loan security valuations of two Central London further education colleges and a university campus in Cheltenham.
- Financial reporting: I am experienced in providing reports in accordance with FRS 102. Recent examples include a rural further education college in Kent with specialist facilities such as a reptile house and aviary and a portfolio valuation for a UK wide independent education provider with an aggregate value of in excess of £190 million.
- Estate strategy: I am particularly interested in helping charity and ecclesiastical clients ensure that their estates are optimally used to support their aims. I have provided options appraisals exploring the feasibility of alternative uses for underused properties, including a Grade I listed former almshouse building in Essex and a museum in South East London.
- Purchaser Due Diligence: I have prepared numerous reports to advise prospective purchasers on acquisitions, for example on a development site in Didcot for the proposed construction of supported living accommodation for adults with learning disabilities.
- Charities Act: Preparing Qualified Surveyor’s Reports in line with S117-S119 of the Charities Act for a variety of properties. I have particular experience in advising religious orders on the disposal of residential properties as required by the Charities Act, including an analysis of the best marketing strategy specific to the property and advice on achieving the best terms possible. Recently I have provided reports to a religious order on the disposal of a large house and the acquisition of a smaller flat as a replacement residence more suited to their requirements.