Property Search

VINCI Airports Acquires Majority Stake in Edinburgh Airport

VINCI Airports, advised by Gerald Eve, a Newmark Company, the leading aviation real estate advisor, has recently secured the primary ownership stake in Edinburgh Airport Limited, for £1.27 billion.

As a leading global operator of airports and a subsidiary of VINCI Concessions, VINCI Airports will hold a 50.01% interest in Edinburgh Airport Limited. The remaining 49.99% will be under the management of Global Infrastructure Partners (GIP), the entity that has overseen the airport since 2012.

“It was a pleasure to work with the Gerald Eve team on the acquisition of Edinburgh Airport, their knowledge and experience or airport real estate, development and business rates helped us to understand the potential for the business.”

Gary Wallace, Airport Access Director, VINCI Airports

“We thoroughly enjoyed collaborating with the VINCI team on this acquisition of their third freehold airport in the UK, and the largest airport in Scotland.”

John Arbuckle, Partner & Head of Aviation at Gerald Eve

Related Sectors & Services