In February, 2020 the Government announced a consultation process, to introduce 10 Freeports across the UK. “The UK will recreate the best aspects of international Freeports in the brand new, best-in-class, bespoke model set out in the consultation paper”.
Where are the opportunities for port owners/operators?
- Initially, businesses, ports, communities and Local Authorities will be contacted to complete a questionnaire, comprising 68 questions, with a completion deadline of 13th July, 2020.
- There is an opportunity for port owners/operators to engage with their Local Authority, through the consultation process. We strongly advise that you do this, if you haven’t already been approached.
- The Government will assess on certain criteria: why your port? Location, benefits to the local community, housing, skilled employment opportunities, commerciality and prospects for growth.
How can we help you to navigate the consultation process?
- Gerald Eve is a leading firm of property consultants, we have all the skills and expertise to help you through each step of the consultation process, from initial feasibility reports, research studies, to investment advice, planning consultancy and project management.
- We can help prepare for initial discussions with your Local Authority. We are development and logistics experts, but also work closely with Local Authorities across the UK.
- You might need help with a high level feasibility study, or logistics research to help with your responses to the initial 68 question consultation process.
- We are able to provide a seamless consultancy service.
Click here to read more on the consultation, or respond online.